Friday, March 27, 2009

It's been a long absence

It has been really a long while since I blog. Work has been giving me really a lot of stress! I miss Bristol and the number theory lecture over there! Everything seemed to be nicer too!

This semester I am doing my Thesis and taking 3 math mods plus an econs mod. It is so unfair to those who did not take A level Econs I feel (inclusive of me). The things that were went through are really very similar to A levels. Anyway, that is not the interesting thing.

My thesis is entitled 'Quantifier Elimination'. For those who do not know, this is a branch from mathematical logic. I guess I will swtich to wordpress soon because of the ability to input latex code in my blog posts. But on the other hand, wonder if I have the time to update regularly. Back to QE, it is deciding whether a theory actually admits the elimination of quantifier or not. Take for example, the Dense Linear Order (DLO). This is a very basic and standard example of a theory that admits DLO. However, there are other theories as well. I will group my thesis into answering 2 questions. One is what are some other theories which admit QE? Also, what is the uses or useful applications or useful consequences of QE in some given theories.

To Algebra, I am quite seh from Modules. To some who think modules is just the module in university courses, I think you better go learn some algebra. Take a ring R, we can produce a R-module M. This module will have to satisfies certain properties which I am too lazy to type it all out.

Logic..... MA4207. It's difficult. Nothing else to say.

Darling, I think I have neglected you for a bit recently. But dun worry, we will enjoy more when the holidays come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm the econs is not really similar to A levels. A levels does not have so much computation. and dont forget computation works to YOUR advantage my dear.ahahaha ;p i cant help you with your work, all i can do is to stay by yr side to support u! hugs! jiayou! :)